Monument Road Baths

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1883 - 1893 (c.)

Description:The original swimming baths on Monument Road. The baths opened in 1883, around the time that this photograph was taken. This building included a swimming pool and washing baths. This fine structure was demolished to make way for a much smaller baths which opened on the sme site in 1940. That building was demolished in 1994 and Ladywood has been without a baths since that time.

Share:


Creators: Warwickshire Photographic Survey - Creator

Image courtesy of: Birmingham Libraries

Donor ref:Local Studies Dept - Warks Photo Survey WK-L5-60 (60/7402)

Source: Birmingham Libraries

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.