Handsworth Park, Handsworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:Park House in Handsworth Park, Handsworth, about 1930. Originally called Grove House and situated in Grove Lane, Park House was built by William Bratt in 1780. Subsequently the house and grounds were acquired by Handsworth Urban District Council which opened them as Victoria (later Handsworth) Park in 1887. The house then became Park House and served as refreshment rooms until it was demolished in 1968.


Image courtesy of: Local Studies and History Department

Donor ref:LSH Warks Photo Survey WK-H5-0780 (3/2198)

Source: Local Studies and History Department

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.